Meal times are a highlight of our residents' days. Our Dining Services Director plays an important role in ensuring a quality meal service with both food taste / nutrition in back of house and customer service with servers in front of house.
Hickory Valley Retirement invites a seasoned DINING SERVICES DIRECTOR to join our team.
We are a full-service senior living community in Chattanooga.
Enjoy the reward of bringing a smile to their day!
- 3 years’ food services management.
- 1+ years experience in senior living preferred.
- Graduate of A.D.A.-approved course in food services OR certification in the culinary field.
- Current ServSafe certification.
- Experienced in preparing meals on a regular basis for large groups – hospitality environment preferred.
- Knowledgeable of special diets.
- Seasoned business manager who understands financial and operations aspects of dining services.
- Customer Service focus.
- Leadership skills to build a strong team.
Job Duties to Serve our Residents:
- Supervises dining services staff: back of house (cooks, dishwashers) and front of house (servers)
- Compliant with budget in labor and expense control (food costs).
- Visits with residents in dining room.
- Orders food, supplies and equipment for food preparation and service.
- Plans written menus at least 30 days.
- Ensures kitchen is in compliance with state and county regulations and company standards.
Reasons to Choose Senior Living with Us as Food Services Director
- Senior living is a growth industry
- A chance to make a difference in someone's life
- Company stability: one privately-held owner for 30 years
- Beautiful, newly-renovated community
How can I learn more?
Apply online at:
Apply in person at:
Hickory Valley Retirement
6705 Ballard Drive
Chattanooga, TN 37421